Time, Treasure, Talents
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, (NIV)
Verses 20-21: God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (The Message)
Matthew 25:1-30: The Parable of the Talents
- The gifts we receive from God could include skills, abilities, family connections, social positions, education, experiences, and more.
- The point of the parable is that we are to use whatever we have been given for God’s purposes.
- We are to invest our lives, not waste them by putting our talents on the shelf and hiding and/or ignoring them.
- We are called to be a part of the church and God’s Kingdom by giving of our time, treasures, and talents.
- What do you spend your treasure on? Mark 6:21
- What do you spend your time doing?
- Do the activities that you spend your time on reflect God’s purpose?
- Will the things you spend your time on now, matter 5 years from now? 10 years? 20 years?
- What do you do well?
- Do you use this talent or skill to honor God?
- Where can you apply your time, treasure and talent today to forward God’s Kingdom?
Visit https://www.life.church/chazown/ to take a Spiritual Gifts Test and learn more about how you can use your talents to serve God and our church.